The online tools of the current digital era make it easy to produce articles and research papers on a wide variety of topics. The Internet provides you with information on just about any topic in a fraction of a second. Because of that, it’s easy to get lazy and most writers now use this information — and sometimes reproduce it word for word — in their academic papers and literary works.
Reproducing what you’ve found online without credit and proper citation is a problem. It is essential for every writer to realize that copying and pasting from the work of another person is unethical and often a crime. To ensure you’re completely safe, it’s smart after finishing up your work to use a plagiarism checker to verify it’s all good and that a teacher, professor or editor won’t have any issues verifying the authenticity of your work.
Writers, students, and professionals all must understand that while information is freely accessible on the web, its reuse without appropriate citation is not only unethical but also can be regarded as breaching the rights of academic entities and other professionals.
When using free material from the web, your best strategy is to follow a simple code of conduct because, to reiterate the point, it’s unethical to steal the work of other people. And in case there’s any confusion, we’re defining “plagiarism” as a rewording or rephrasing for reuse with the intention of stealing images, text and other digital intellectual property.
Technology Helps You Decrease the Chance of Plagiarism
It’s not just a bad idea, plagiarism can be a criminal act in both professional and academic communities and has resulted in people failing college courses, being fired from jobs, even going to jail for fraud. Unfortunately, people can get lazy and compose articles, academic papers and other literary works from online sources, but forget proper citation. Like any other writer, they are required to cite each source appropriately lest they be perceived as having plagiarized content.
Sometimes writers and academicians can duplicate content without realizing that the content they’re using, perhaps from someone else at work or a writing team partner in college, isn’t unique. Without a mean to check plagiarism and the uniqueness of their text, it’s an unexpected risk. Fortunately there are free cutting-edge tools like Small SEO Tools that let you easily check the authenticity of your work. The plagiarism checker can quickly and clearly highlight any textual similarity with the work of another writer. Then you can rephrase, rewrite or completely discard that portion as desired.
Search in Several Databases
Any good plagiarism checker will have access to multiple databases of original source, allowing users to easily cross-check documents across a vast array of possible duplicated content. For example, the Small SEO Tools plagiarism check tool is designed to compare your paper with a multitude of indexes and databases. It works exactly the same as the tools used by professors and others at a high school or college.
Benefits of a Good Plagiarism Checker
A plagiarism checker has a number of benefits to a writer, whether in academia or a professional setting:
- Plagiarism checkers can quickly search the entire web and generate results quickly. These tools are designed to match each word of the text from various online databases and highlight plagiarized lines within a few seconds.
- By highlighting problematic text, you are able to also identify the page where the highlighted content is already available. You can also check the originality of your blog posts and web articles with the help of a plagiarism checker too, particularly when it’s guest content from another writer.
- Small SEO Tools offers this platform to aid academicians and writers to ensure that their work remains within appropriate ethical limits. Indirectly, it lets you excel in your field without ever risking the accusation of plagiarism.
- Good online tools allow you to inspect any paper for red flags that suggest there might be an issue with plagiarism. Some people prefer to use a search engine directly to check for non-unique content, but that’s slow and inefficient. A plagiarism checker can do this work within a few seconds with greater accuracy.
- Plagiarism tools also give you a percentage of similarity score. Many universities allow a small amount of potential plagiarism. With plagiarism checker, you can easily approach that level of similarity without risk of going too far.
- After checking with a plagiarism checker, you will also have a sense of satisfaction knowing that you have not plagiarized any portion of your article, paper or essay. You can even save the report as proof to show your instructor that your work is not plagiarized if it becomes an issue.
Remember that that plagiarism is a serious issue and shouldn’t be taken lightly. Time and again, students and faculty both have been found guilty of plagiarism and punished accordingly, even to losing their jobs and being publicly disgraced. With the help of a plagiarism checker, you can avoid these risks, penalties and punishment.
This is a guest article written by an anonymous writer with an interest in ensuring others don’t get caught plagiarizing.