Let me tell you about my experience about the Windows XP Crash Update after the 12th of April 2005
- First I had just installed windows xp sp2, and installing all my drivers.
- Installed McAfee? anti virus and firewall plus updated them, where I have a DSL net link
- Then I went to windows automatic update doing all the update,
- After the windows has finished downloading all the updates, I shut down to make all the updates effective on my next restart
- The windows never started again in any mode even safe mode the only thing it did is keeping restarting the computer, after giving a blue screen. With some login module problem
- I could not do any thing but formatting the drive and redoing the previous steps again, where I thought there was a virus what did that.
- But each time I got windows to update to the last update; it crashes with the same symptoms.
- The next few days I have learned the many of my friends have suffered from the same problem, after Auto updating there windows.
- Can you tell us what the hell Microsoft is doing?!
Till then i have disabled my windows ubdate till i find out which update # from Microsoft that does this crash, then i will bypass it.