Already installed Apple’s slick Boot Camp system so you can dual boot your Intel-based Mac into Microsoft Windows in addition to Mac OS X? Perhaps you even used my popular tutorial on How to install Windows XP in Apple Boot Camp to get it all working? Either way, you should be aware that Apple just released an update to Boot Camp that, among other things, will let you install the new Windows Vista in the Boot Camp partition.
Other features of this new 1.2 beta release include:
- Updated drivers, including the trackpad, AppleTime (sync), audio, graphics, modem, and the iSight camera
- Support for the Apple Remote
- Windows system tray icon for easy access to Boot Camp
- Improved keyboard support for Korean, Chinese, Swedish, Danish, Norwegian, Finnish, Russian, and French Canadian
- Improved Windows driver installation experience
- Updated documentation and Boot Camp on-line help in Windows
- Apple Software Update (for Windows XP and Vista)
Are ya ready to take the plunge and update your Boot Camp installation? Sure you are!